imap group messages count

From: Alexander Kotelnikov
Subject: imap group messages count
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 09:34:52 -0700

Hi.

Can anyone explain me, why does it happen, I guess it is some kind of
optimisation, might be outdated:
if you read email from an imap server using more than one instance of a
client then gnus does not update message count on
gnus-group-get-new-news if it decreased due to some of them are read
now. gnus-topic-get-new-news-this-topic updates counts, but seems to
work longer.

-S