Re: Possible gnus bug when pressed 'C-u n'

From: Borja Tarraso Hueso
Subject: Re: Possible gnus bug when pressed 'C-u n'
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 19:10:25 +0100

Hi Ted,

I was thinking in marking next 10 messages (or 4 if other prefix is used like C-u n, etc) with (R)ead flag. As 'n' is marking the next one as (R)ead.

Thanks!

Borja Tarraso

2009/7/8 Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>
On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 11:50:09 +0100 Borja Tarraso Hueso <borja.tarraso.hueso@googlemail.com> wrote:

BTH> Yes, i understand that not everything uses the default prefix, but using
BTH> "C-10 n" does not work as I expected (read next emails or read the 10th
BTH> email) just always read next email. Also I understand that's not a bug if
BTH> the implementation of that does not take care about that, although i think
BTH> it could be good to do that as the rest of commands (in the same family -
BTH> "C-u #", etc) takes care of that.

I'm not sure why you would ever need to read the next N messages.  You
could define a keyboard macro I guess, but I don't see any utility in
providing that to all Gnus users.  Can you explain what you're trying to
do?

If the goal is to mark N messages as read, there's a command for that
and it takes the prefix argument.

Ted