Re: nnimap vs. nnmaildir

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: nnimap vs. nnmaildir
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:03:56 +0200

> Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi Richard,
>
>> Dovecot works great via nnimap.
>>
>> I use mairix to keep a index on my mail server refreshed by a cron
>> job. The client mairix command is then simply "ssh servername mairix"
>> to populate my local gnus.
>
> Out of couriosity: Is there a special reason you're using mairix
> instead

Not really, other than finding an article about it a while back.

> of Dovecot's Squat full text search engine?  That indexes new mail
> automatically and also works for non-ascii text in mails.
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo

Thanks for the heads up! How do you integrate gnus with it though?

Just to be sure we're singing from the same hymn sheet : by "index" I mean
to enable fast searches using nnmairix-search.

How is your gnus set up to work with this Squat? Sounds interesting.