Re: Useful threads are disappearing!

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Useful threads are disappearing!
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 18:14:19 +0200

Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> writes:

> Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> What happens when you do "C-u 100 /o" (pull a 100 articles back into
>> view) for example in a group with "missing threads".
> The threads which I qualify as "missing" are fetched, and
> displayed. Everything is as I want. Why do I have to type this to make
> it work? Can't Gnus always do this?
>> Are you sure they
>> are not just hidden as they are read?
> Maybe. I suggest you to give me a conclusion regarding the fact that
> C-u 100 /o fetches mails as I want, if possible.

I'm sorry, I dont understand. The command I gave makes read or "down
scored" threads visible. Its just to see if the threads you can not
normally see are actually there : are they there after this command? Can
you see the posts?

I think you are saying the command I gave makes your posts visible? If
yes, then do you have scoring turned on? Then I'm  not much help as you
need a degree/PhD in Gnus to understand scoring :-(). It's a "read
manual" moment.

--
googletalk/jabber : rileyrgdev@googlemail.com