Re: How to pass a space character as an argument to a function already q

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: How to pass a space character as an argument to a function already quoted as an argument to another function?
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:46:52 -0500

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 19:11:55 +0900 DekuDekuplex@Yahoo.com (Benjamin L. Russell)
wrote:

BLR> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>> On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 22:25:14 +0900 DekuDekuplex@Yahoo.com (Benjamin L.
>> Russell) wrote:
>>
BLR> Does anybody know how to pass " " (a space string) as an argument to
BLR> "mailer-app-args" for "message-send-with-sendmail"?
>>
>> Just a stab in the dark: have you tried "' '"?

BLR> Where should it be specified, though?

Looking at your question, I am not sure where to start.  What are
mailer-app and mailer-app-args?  I don't see anything like that in the
Gnus source code.  message.el uses different function and variable names
for what you describe.  Sorry to be dense.  Are you using a specific,
maybe older, version of Gnus?

Ted