Re: Cannot start a link from within a newsfeed anymore

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Cannot start a link from within a newsfeed anymore
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:57:13 +0900

>>> since upgrade to Emacs 23.x I get difficaulties in using the internal w3m
>>> as HTML/feed viewer.
>>> Not only that there appear character encoding conflicts for German -
>>> umlauts are not shown correctly
>>
>> What is url for the feeds?
>>
> For example:
> http://www.einfach-fuer-alle.de/blog/feed/efafeed.rss
> and:
> http://www.zehe-edv.de/feed/
> Note: It does not appear in all articles, that's the strange thing.

[...]

No problem here.  Though I don't read German, I can see the contents
that Gnus+nnrss, emacs-w3m and Firefox display for the page

http://www.einfach-fuer-alle.de/blog/id/2534/
(Subject: Ende der öffentlichen Kommentierung)

, for example, are the same.  I doubt the version of emacs-w3m you
use is too old.  The lates source is:

http://cvs.namazu.org/emacs-w3m.tar.gz

Otherwise there might be something wrong in your ~/.emacs-w3m file.
For instance, that might be setting of w3m-* variables that concern
coding-system and charset.  I believe emacs-w3m will work mostly with
the default settings.