Re: Fetching mail from a pop3 account

From: Wolfgang Pausch
Subject: Re: Fetching mail from a pop3 account
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 19:05:42 +0200

Hello Reiner,

sorry for the previous mail, I accidentaly hit some key which causes the mail
being sent.

> I'd suggest to add logging to you script.  And verify that it is
> really called when you hit `g'.  E.g. add ...
>
> exec 2> $HOME/get-all-mail.log
> set -x
>
> ... near the beginning of your script.

I already verified that it is not called.  (added some simple touch command
which would create some not yet existing file).

> You could also edebug the function `mail-source-fetch-pop'.

Ok, I just started with edebugging.  What I found out so far:

When I hit g, gnus-group-get-new-news is called.  I can edebug it, everything
seems to be fine to me.

However, mail-source-fetch-pop is never called.  mail-source-fetch should call
mail-source-fetch-pop, but isn't called either. nnmail-get-new-mail should call
mail-source-fetch-pop, but isn't called either.

Here, I don't know how to inspect things further.  When I search for calls of
mail-source-fetch-pop, I get some odd forms deffoo in places like nnmbox.el

How is nnmail-get-new-mail related to gnus-group-get-new-news?  What should I
edebug in order to find out why it seems to ignore mail at all?

Thanks for any hints,

Wolfgang
--
Neu: GMX DSL bis 50.000 kBit/s und 200,- Euro Startguthaben!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl01