Re: Reading HTML mail: two queries

From: Joe Fineman
Subject: Re: Reading HTML mail: two queries
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 17:27:23 -0400

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

> Joe Fineman <joe_f@verizon.net> writes:

>> 1.  Opaque links:  Some of my email, in particular from a couple of
>> organizations, comes with links that are not spelled out
>> (http://and.all/that.jazz), but appear merely as CLICK HERE or the
>> like.  I was under the impression that that was illegal, but in any
>
> Why would a link be illegal? html emails should be illegal :-;

I agree entirely, but in the real world, they occur, and they would
not be such a pest if the URLs were spelled out.

>> case it is baffling.  Is there any way to get at them -- or, if
>> not, to mark the email as unread in such a way that I can bring it
>> up in my browser (Conkeror)?
>
> I use this, but as I recall just hitting enter on it should bring it up
> in w3m (using the settings below)

Thanks very much.
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  Two stupidities:  "If it's worth doing, you can get a grant  :||
||:  for it."  "If it's worth doing, there's a market for it."    :||