Re: nnimap can not get Sent Mail in Gmail

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: nnimap can not get Sent Mail in Gmail
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:59:31 -0600

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 02:53:06 -0500 galen_boyer@yahoo.com wrote:

gb> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

PW> I have configured Gnus to access Gmail by IMAP, It can get INBOX and
PW> other labels which are created by me. The important Sent Mail label
PW> can not be showed.
>>>>>>
PW> I don't know why, please help me, thank you in advance.

PW> Definitely! Thank you very much!
>>
PW> they all have a "[Gmail]" prefix which is matched with
gnus-ignored-newsgroups.

>> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusGmail says it but it's easy to miss
>> it.  Could you update with your setup and experience?

gb> The setting from the wiki page for gnus-ignored-newsgroups exposed the
gb> [Gmail] prefixed folders, such as sent mail.

gb> The wiki page worked for all my needs of accessing my gmail server
gb> account, well, I'll see about starttls in the gnutls.  Still downloading
gb> the executable for windows.

Excellent.  I plan to eventually write an assistant for setting up GMail
which will incorporate this fix to gnus-ignored-newsgroups, so your
comments were helpful.

Ted