Re: Solved

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: Solved
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:18:17 +0000 (UTC)

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

> I use the mstmp config included here:
>
> http://richardriley.net/projects/emacs/dotemacs.html#sec-3
>
> Search for msmtp-change-smtp

Yes, msmtp is definately an alternative.
(cf. also http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusMSMTP)

Maybe even the most simple approach to solve my needs.

I've been using debian gnu/linux exclusively for the past 3 years, but I
am still hesitant to focus my whole setup on linux-only tools in case
I might need/want to use windows again; I already use leafnode for
gmane/usenet, rss2email for rssfeeds. If me sending email also depends on
emacs-external tools, a switch would become a real hassle ... :(.

Well, emacs on windows seems to be more difficult anyways, so I will
probably stay away from windows for time to come ;)

Memnon