Re: POP: mail size details patch works

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: POP: mail size details patch works
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 07:57:46 +0530

Henri-Paul Indiogine <hindiogine@gmail.com> writes:

> Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:
>> I don't update my gnus that frequently so this may be a bit late.  But
>> whoever committed a patch for getting the mail size when fetching mail
>> via POP, well it works.
>
> I am wondering about updating my gnus.  95% of all my Emacs use is in gnus
> and org-mode.  It is fairly easy to keep org-mode updated and I do so
> each day:
>
> cd ~elisp/org-mode, git pull, make clean, make, make doc, sudo make install
>
> Is there a similar, relatively simple, method for updating gnus?
>
> I am running emacs23 on a Ubuntu Karmic laptop.
>
> Thanks,

Pretty straightforward,I'd think.  Do a cvs checkout of gnus first
(see Gnus webpage).  Do a ./configure making sure it can find the
right Emacs and then do make, that's it.  Don't do make install.  Add
the gnus cvs checked out folder into your path to make sure that's
read first.

Second time around when updating, do a cvs upd followed by make.

I have my Emacs setup like this

c:/gnu
c:/gnu/elisp
C:/gnu/Emacs-2x.x (all the versions from 20.7)
c:/gnu/elisp/gnus-cvs
c:/gnu/elisp/org_git
c:/gnu/bin

 sivaram