Re: How to move mails to another mail-box

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: How to move mails to another mail-box
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:43:03 -0000

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 10:34:02 -0100, Gray wrote:

>    I have create a new mail-box for gnus, and
> want to move some old mails contained in another
> mail-box. Is there any way to achieve the goal?

Mark the emails you want to move by pressing "#" on each of them, and
then use the command "B m" which will prompt you for the name of the
group to move the emails to.

"B m" runs gnus-summary-move-article:

,----[ C-h f gnus-summary-move-article RET ]
| `gnus-summary-move-article' is an interactive compiled Lisp function
|   -- loaded from "gnus-sum"
| (gnus-summary-move-article &optional N TO-NEWSGROUP SELECT-METHOD ACTION)
|
| Documentation:
| Move the current article to a different newsgroup.
| If N is a positive number, move the N next articles.
| If N is a negative number, move the N previous articles.
| If N is nil and any articles have been marked with the process mark,
| move those articles instead.
| If TO-NEWSGROUP is string, do not prompt for a newsgroup to move to.
| If SELECT-METHOD is non-nil, do not move to a specific newsgroup, but
| re-spool using this method.
|
| When called interactively with TO-NEWSGROUP being nil, the value of
| the variable `gnus-move-split-methods' is used for finding a default
| for the target newsgroup.
|
| For this function to work, both the current newsgroup and the
| newsgroup that you want to move to have to support the `request-move'
| and `request-accept' functions.
|
| ACTION can be either `move' (the default), `crosspost' or `copy'.
|
| Invoked with:
|
| M-x gnus-summary-move-article
`----

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Emacs is like a laser guided missile. It only has to        Adam Sjøgren
  be slight mis-configured to ruin your whole day."      asjo@koldfront.dk