FIXED Re: gnus failed to autoload starttls-any-program-available

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: FIXED Re: gnus failed to autoload starttls-any-program-available
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:43:29 -0000

On 22 Jun 2010, Adam Sjøgren wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:32:52 +0200, Gijs wrote:
>
>> On 22 Jun 2010, Gijs Hillenius wrote:
>
>>> When trying to send email, my current version of GNU Emacs, 24.0.50.1
>>> (debian snapshot from emacs.orebokech.com) and gnus v0.9 throw an error
>
> [...]
>
>> Mail sending problem persists..
>
> Maybe this is a stupid question, but why are you using ngnus 0.9, which
> must be quite old by now (from 2008, as far as I can tell)?

Thanks Adam!

Somehow, today emacs-snapshot started using that old¹ version, instead
of the Gnus included. In previous versions of emacs-snapshot, the
included version *is* used, for instance my most recent posts to this
newsgroup, around 14 June, are with Gnus v5.13

1) So, I discover I still had that Debian package installed on my
system. Don't ask me why, but it is gone now, and with it the error..

--
It seems that more and more mathematicians are using a new, high level
language named "research student".