Character set for posting messages

From: Peter Gerdes
Subject: Character set for posting messages
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:45:46 -0000

Hello,

I apologize for my second question today. After a longer abstinence I
took up using Gnus again.

As far as I see, it is possible to choose the character set for the
display of message contents, even on a group wise basis.

It is not clear, however, how it works in the other direction. Is there
a way of telling Gnus to encode all outgoing messages in
UTF-8. Moreover, to do this, before the message eventually is encrypted
by gpg?

Thanks again for hints!
Peter