Turning off the courtesy copy message in Cc's

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Turning off the courtesy copy message in Cc's
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:47:00 -0000

Sometimes I Cc a message that I am also posting on Gmane - Gnus is then
nice and inserts message-courtesy-message at the top of the email, since
technically I am posting to a newsgroup and Cc'ing the article by email.

But the courtesy notice makes a little less sense for Gmane, when the
news-article actually ends up being an email (to a mailinglist, but
still).

I am thinking that maybe I could advice message-insert-courtesy-copy to
do nothing if the newsgroup matches ^gmane. - does that sound like a
reasonable way to go about it?

Something like:

  ; Don't insert message-courtesy-copy when the newsgroup matches gmane.:
  (defadvice message-insert-courtesy-copy (around asjo-dont-courtesy-on-gmane
activate)
    (let (newsgroups)
      (save-excursion
        (save-restriction
          (message-narrow-to-headers)
          (setq newsgroups (message-fetch-field "newsgroups"))))
      (when (not (string-match "gmane\\." newsgroups))
          ad-do-it)))

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Gravity is arbitrary!"                                      Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk