Re: editing group info to fix issues

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: editing group info to fix issues
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:45:37 -0000

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

> I did a G z on some groups to sequence the article numbers and now I
> can't see any unread mail; it all turns up as read in the nmml
> folder.
>
> Is this a bug?

Sounds like a bug.  I've had a peek at the function, and it doesn't seem
to update the Gnus info to reflect whatever the backend function just
did, and there's no easy way to do that, either.

> Is there any info?  For e.g.  how do I interpret this?  The sas-l
> folder has files going upto 647 and I can't see new emails as it's
> getting marked as read.
>
> ("sas-l" 2
>  ((1 . 647))
>  ((tick 1)
>   (seen
>    (1 . 637)
>    (3558 . 3596)))
>  nil
>  ((total-expire . t)
>   (gnus-list-identifiers "SAS-L Digest -")
>   (expiry-wait . 10)))

The third element is the read articles, and the fourth is the marks
list.  Replace those with nil.  Like so:

("sas-l" 2 nil ni