Re: All articles loaded when entering a group.

From: intrigeri
Subject: Re: All articles loaded when entering a group.
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 23:53:33 +0100

Hi,

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote (20 Dec 2010 19:06:22 GMT) :
> Brett Viren <brett.viren@gmail.com> writes:

>> It is Gnus on my laptop that continues to have the problem.  It reads
>> from IMAP after an IMAP-to-IMAP sync from my main IMAP server through
>> OfflineIMAP.  If not the ordering causing this,  maybe some flags are
>> not being properly persisted.

You are right, by default OfflineIMAP does not synchronize Gnus flags
properly. Working workaround:

http://roland.entierement.nu/blog/2010/09/08/gnus-dovecot-offlineimap-search-a-howto.html

> Oh.  offlineimap.  Seemingly 95.4% of bug reports on nnimap are related
> to offlineimap.  Perhaps I should just install it and find out how
> nnimap is messing up its communication with offlineimap...

AFAIK Gnus does not communicate at all with offlineimap in the
scenario Brett described. But... most people who use offlineimap in
such a way also use a local IMAP server that pretty often is Dovecot.
This might be a better target to look at.

(2cts blah)

Bye,
--
  intrigeri <intrigeri@boum.org>