Re: Reply to self behavior

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Reply to self behavior
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 18:59:15 +0100

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 18:34:03 +0100, Yuri wrote:

> Still tweaking GNUS in the spare time here.

(It's "Gnus" :-))

> I'm trying to replicate an useful feature of mutt (and some other
> mailers): if you reply to yourself (in the sent mail folder at least),
> mutt would actually create a followup of your message with the original
> recipients instead of actually creating an email for yourself

That is what happens when I follow up (f/F) to my own emails in Gnus. If
I reply (r/R), I send email to myself.

I don't think I have configured anything to get that behaviour; one
related variable is, though:

,----[ C-h v message-dont-reply-to-names RET ]
| message-dont-reply-to-names is a variable defined in `message.el'.
| Its value is
| "\\(asjo\\|adsj\\)@\\(koldfront.dk\\|asjo.org\\)"
| Original value was nil
|
| Documentation:
| *Addresses to prune when doing wide replies.
| This can be a regexp or a list of regexps.  Also, a value of nil means
| exclude your own user name only.
| [...]
`----

[...]

> Ideas?

Try F on one of your own emails and see if it doesn't work out-of-the-box?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Accept the mystery!"                                        Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk