Re: message-alternative-emails

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: message-alternative-emails
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 20:20:23 +0100

Yuri D'Elia <address@hidden> writes:

>   message-alternative-emails: defaults to nil
>   message-dont-reply-to-names: defaults to nil (which means to strip
>     user-mail-address)

Well, it defaults to `rmail-dont-reply-to-names', but that's more for
hysterical porpoises...

>   gnus-ignored-from-addresses defaults to user-mail-address
> Wouldn't it make more sense to derive message-dont-reply-to-names and
> gnus-ignored-from-addresses from a combination of user-mail-address and
> message-alternative-emails?

It might, but I would imagine that there are people who don't want any
address stripping -- for instance, if they want to Cc a job mail
account, but want to use the home account as the From, and so on.

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen