Re: problem following up to this very mailing list

From: Rud1ger Sch1erz
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:24:20 +0100

Leonidas Tsampros <ltsampros@upnet.gr> writes:

> I have never faced the problem described in the subject again. Generally
> doing a followup and yank (F) or wide reply and yank (S W) works for all
> of the other mailing lists and groups I'm subscribed to.

I experience the same problem as you. I wonder why nobody else is
complaining. This list seems not to set the reply-to header to
info-gnus-english@gnu.org. So there is just the from-address of the
author. Thus followup or reply just uses the address of the author
instead of info-gnus-english@gnu.org.

I fixed this for me using the posting styles.

As I check for a couple of different email ids, I've defined this
function to determine to-from context:

(defun  is-about-email-id-p ( is-about-pattern)
  "used in gnus-posting-style, check if it's about `pattern' email"
  (save-excursion
    (when (message-mail-p)
      (when (get-buffer gnus-article-buffer)
        (set-buffer gnus-article-buffer)
        (let ((toheader (message-fetch-field "to")))
          (let ((fromheader (message-fetch-field "from")))
            (or (and toheader (string-match is-about-pattern toheader))
                    (and fromheader (string-match is-about-pattern fromheader)))
            ))))))

Which I then use in gnus-posting-styles to determine
info-gnus-english@gnu.org:

        ((is-about-email-id-p "info-gnus-english@gnu\.org")
         (to "info-gnus-english@gnu\.org")
         (name "Rud1ger Sch1erz")