Re: Problem incorporating old mail from Thunderbird

From: Angel de Vicente
Subject: Re: Problem incorporating old mail from Thunderbird
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 20:20:41 +0100

Hi,

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

> How about moving small number of messages at a time to a new folder
> within Thunderbird (don't know how its archiving works) and then
> export it and see whether Gnus imports it correctly?  Maybe, the first
> few messages in the archive may be borking the entire folder import?

At the end I installed a Thunderbird add-on ImportExportTool (or
something like that, I'm in another computer now), then I had the option
of selecting all the mails, and saving as an mbox. That worked fine and
I now have +20000 mails happily managed by Gnus.

Cheers,
--
Ángel de Vicente
http://angel-de-vicente.blogspot.com/