Re: [NoGnus] Fancy splitting and imap respooling not working

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [NoGnus] Fancy splitting and imap respooling not working
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:13:06 -0000

Hi Lars,

First, let me THANK YOU a lot for your quick answer...

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:
>
>> The only problem I have: the fancy splitting (via BBDB) is not working
>> anymore. All the mails arrive in my INBOX, unlike what I ask for:
>
> [...]
>
>>         ;; split function to use (sorting mails into groups using BBDB)
>>         (setq nnimap-split-rule 'bbdb/gnus-split-method)
>
> This no longer exists -- nnimap uses the normal nnmail-split-* variables
> now.

I've done the change. But I'm not able to test it now. Need incoming mail...

But, does that mean that, when updated to the new names, I will have a config
that won't run anymore on Gnus 5.13 for example?

I'm asking this because I'm sharing my config with colleagues. Do they need to
update as soon as I've done that change?  Or am I forced to keep 2 versions
within an "if" construct to handle the config for Gnus 5.13 and current
NoGnus?

>> Unable to contact mail.company.com:nil via ssl
>> Couldn't Move article 24956: Unable to contact mail.company.com:nil via ssl
>> Can you help?
>
> Hm.  It looks like the port number is nil instead of a number?

This is my config for the internal email server.

      ;; configure incoming mail
      (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
            `(
              (nnimap "mc"
                      ;; account label allows for multiple accounts on the
                      ;; same server (see `.authinfo' for logins)
                      (nnimap-address
                       ,(cond (t "mail.company.com")))

                      ;; (nnimap-server-port 143)

                      ;; (nnimap-stream starttls)
                      ;; ;; ;; Download http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/

                      ;; stream `network'

                      ;; (nnimap-stream ssl)
                      ;; ;; leave out if you don't use IMAPS no special
                      ;; ;; configuration

                      ;; authenticator `login'
                      (nnimap-authenticator login)

                      ;; (nnir-search-engine imap)
                      )

              (nntp "gmane"
                    (nntp-address "news.gmane.org")
                    (nntp-port-number 119))))

Yes, comments are comments for a long time. Old tests that I never dared to
remove (for memory purpose).

Do I need an explicit `nnimap-server-port'?

BTW, now, for whichever reason, when trying `B r' on some mail from INBOX, I
get this:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  encode-coding-string(nil utf-7-imap)
  utf7-encode(nil t)
  nnimap-request-accept-article(nil "mc" t)
  gnus-request-accept-article(nil (nnimap "mc" (nnimap-address
"mail.company.com") (nnimap-authenticator login)) t t)
  eval((gnus-request-accept-article nil (quote (nnimap "mc" (nnimap-address
"mail.company.com") (nnimap-authenticator login))) t t))
  nnimap-request-move-article(24983 "INBOX" "mc" (gnus-request-accept-article
nil (quote (nnimap "mc" (nnimap-address "mail.company.com")
(nnimap-authenticator login))) t t) t nil)
  gnus-request-move-article(24983 "nnimap+mc:INBOX" "mc"
(gnus-request-accept-article nil (quote (nnimap "mc" (nnimap-address
"mail.company.com") (nnimap-authenticator login))) t t) t nil)
  gnus-summary-move-article(nil nil (nnimap "mc" (nnimap-address
"mail.company.com") (nnimap-authenticator login)))
  gnus-summary-respool-article(nil (nnimap "mc" (nnimap-address
"mail.company.com") (nnimap-authenticator login)))
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-respool-article nil nil)

Any idea?

Best regards,
  Seb

--