Re: IMAP , Sent folder and Gnus

From: Andrzej Adam Filip
Subject: Re: IMAP , Sent folder and Gnus
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:13:20 -0000

Ian Zimmerman <itz@buug.org> wrote:
> The Gnus manual (Section 5.5, Archived Messages) explains how to archive
> messages sent by me locally, in a "classic" mail kind of group; that is,
> nnfolder, nnml or something of the sort.  But I would like to store them
> on the IMAP server, in the Sent folder the server so handily provides.
> GUI user agents such as Sylpheed and Claws seem to know how to do this,
> can Gnus be told to do it?
>
> If not, I can hack it by always Bcc'ing myself and having a filter on
> the server to direct those copies to the folder.  But I would rather not
> have to.

You can use gnus-message-archive-group to store messages in imap folder.

I use three Sent folders: one for usenet posts, second for email to
mailing lists and third for all other (standard emails).

'(gnus-message-archive-group
   (quote (("^[^:]+$" "nnimap:Posted")
   ("^nnimap:Lists/" "nnimap:Posted-List")
   (".*" "nnimap:Sent"))))

BTW I use "server less" dovecot to access Maildir folders via IMAP:

'(gnus-secondary-select-methods
   (nnimap "" (nnimap-stream shell) (imap-shell-program "~/bin/imap")))

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej A. Filip : anfi@onet.eu : Andrzej.Filip@gmail.com
Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a confusion of the real