Re: versioning is not pretty

From: Mike Kupfer
Subject: Re: versioning is not pretty
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 09:09:55 -0700

akb427 <google@mirror.to> writes:

> Is XEmacs packaging massively behind Gnu Emacs packaging?

Yes.  I'd like to fix that, but I'm still a little unsure as to what
counts as the most recent stable release.

> Or can I just download a
> 5.13 someplace and run it in XEmacs?

AFAIK that should work.  (Please let me know of any problems that you
run into.)  The XEmacs package has different emoticon support, but in
general I'm trying to avoid divergence from upstream.

mike
(the Gnus package maintainer for XEmacs)