Re: nnimap, tick mark not synced when reading from 2 computers

From: William Gardella
Subject: Re: nnimap, tick mark not synced when reading from 2 computers
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 14:36:01 -0500

Hi Par,

Par Kurlberg <kurlberg@math.kth.se> writes:

> Work mail is kept on an exchange server, and I access it from two
> computers (one laptop, the other my work desktop) using gnus+nnimap.
> Recently (I think it is after I upgraded to emacs 24) I have had trouble
> with tick marks not being synced properly.  E.g., when I untick a
> message on my laptop, it is remains ticked in the summary buffer on my
> desktop.  As far as I can tell, the %Flagged flag on the imap server is
> being set/reset correctly from either client, but it seems like gnus
> uses the information in ~/.newsrc.eld, and this overrides the flags on
> the server.  (This suspicion could be wrong.)

May we see the nnimap portion of your Gnus configuration?  Also, which
way are you using nnimap (as a mail source, or as primary/secondry
select method)?  I use 2 nnimap servers as secondary select method on
three Debian boxen in Emacs 24.2.1, and the marks in each system's Gnus
nnimap groups seem to match up with each other and their respective IMAP
servers.

Best,
WGG

--