Re: beginner splitting mail (respooling)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: beginner splitting mail (respooling)
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 13:06:10 +0200

Steven Arntson <steven@stevenarntson.com> writes:

> I put point on a message in
> nnfolder+archive:sent.2014-03, and typed B r. I was
> asked what backend to use, and I chose nnml. The
> respooling happened, but the message ended up in
> nnml:mail.misc and not nnml:mail.sent. How do I go
> about routing it to the right endpoint?

If the split method doesn't work or is unappealing for
whatever reason, perhaps you could use my code but
instead use this function:

(gnus-summary-copy-article &optional N TO-NEWSGROUP
SELECT-METHOD)

If you read the help -
(describe-function 'gnus-summary-copy-article) -
it seems there is a difference between moving and
spooling, though - you'll have to investigate that, if
no one here speaks up.

Anyway, those to options should get you started.

Everything you find out that hasn't been mentioned, as
well as anything you learn that contradicts what
you/someone else has written, be sure to post all that.

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573