Re: .newsrc-dribble autosave

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: .newsrc-dribble autosave
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 01:09:42 +0200

akb427 <google@mirror.to> writes:

> In gnus, I am now sometimes getting the message "Buffer
> .newsrc-dribble has shrunk a lot; auto save disabled in that buffer
> until next real save"

I don't know if this behavior is intended, but it doesn't seem very
useful to me.

The variable `auto-save-include-big-deletions` controls whether
auto-save-mode is turned off when the buffer has shrunk a lot - the
default is nil (meaning: turn off).

Gnus would have to set the buffer local value of this var to non-nil to
fix this.

Michael.