Re: How to use Gnus to read newsgroup like gnu.emacs.gnus?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: How to use Gnus to read newsgroup like gnu.emacs.gnus?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 20:39:09 +0200

> To add a group, I use this:
>
> (defun gnus-add-nntp-group (group)
>   (interactive "s Newsgroup: ")
>   (gnus-group-make-group group
>                          (symbol-to-string (car gnus-select-method))
>                          (cadr gnus-select-method) )
>   (gnus-save-newsrc-file) )

> which I have bound to "a" (for "add").

> Otherwise you can just use `M-x gnus-group-make-group'
> if you don't mind repeating yourself a few times.

A third alternative is to go to the *Server* buffer (press ^ in the
*Group* buffer), go to the line of the server you want to subscribe to
groups on, press RET.

Then you get a list of all the groups on the server, and you can use u
to subscribe/unsubscribe.

I find this quite convenient.

  Best regards.

   Adam

--
 "Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly."       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk