gnus registry does not track messages when refiling

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: gnus registry does not track messages when refiling
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 12:46:14 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to make the registry work, and I don't understand why it does
not track messages when refiling.

I set the gnus-verbose level to 10, and when doing some refiling, here
is what I saw in the logs:

Expiring articles from Sent: (3821 3824 3825 3828 3835 3839 3843 3848 3849)
Gnus registry: article <m2iomo77ef.fsf@polytechnique.org> going from Sent to nil
gnus-registry-handle-action ("<m2iomo77ef.fsf@polytechnique.org>" "Sent" nil
"Souhire" "Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@inria.fr>" ("utf <**********>"))
Gnus registry: new entry for <m2iomo77ef.fsf@polytechnique.org> is ((subject
"Souhire") (recipient "utf <***********>") (sender "Alan Schmitt
<alan.schmitt@inria.fr>") (group) (creation-time (21460 53651 838918 0)))
Expiring articles...done

I don't understand why there is only an registry log entry for one
message, and why it's saying that the message is "going from Sent to
nil".

Here are my settings for the Sent group:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
          ("^Sent$"
           (total-expire . t)
           (expiry-wait . 7)
           (expiry-target . "nnimap+zimbra:archive"))
#+end_src

(For the test I set the 'expiry-wait' to 3, to trigger some expiring).

My registry settings are as follow.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(setq gnus-registry-max-entries nil) ; track everything
(setq gnus-registry-track-extra '(sender subject recipient))
(setq gnus-registry-unfollowed-groups nil) ; really track everything
(gnus-registry-initialize)

(setq gnus-refer-article-method
           '(current
             (nnregistry)))
#+end_src

Am I missing something? Do I need some special invocation to make the
registry track messages when they are refiled?

Thanks,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7