Re: Is there a simple way to set up spam filtering?

From: Saša Janiška
Subject: Re: Is there a simple way to set up spam filtering?
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 09:39:17 +0200

Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> writes:

> It sounds like you are using IMAP method. Then you need to read the info
> page "(gnus) Client-Side IMAP Splitting" and use nnimap-split-fancy
> variable.

After long time and some experience with spam package I decided to
replace it with (simpler) gnus-bogofilter. Spam package worked OK, but
was not able to properly handly false positives…

> After reading the info page "(gnus) Fancy Mail Splitting" I'd say that
> putting the symbol nil as the split rule will leave the message where it
> was. Here's again my fancy split rule example:
>
>     (| (: bogofilter-split "spam" "unsure")
>        ;; You can add split rules here if you want to.
>        "misc"))
>
> So in the example replace the string "misc" with symbol nil. I haven't
> tested it and I don't use IMAP splitting so I give no guarantees.

I use several IMAP accounts and my setup looks as:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '(
          (nnimap "gour"
                  (nnimap-address "…“")
                  (nnimap-server-port 993)
                  (nnimap-stream ssl)
                  (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo.gpg")
                  (nnimap-inbox ("INBOX" "spam"))
                  (nnimap-split-methods 'nnimap-split-fancy)
                  (nnimap-split-fancy
                   (|
                    (: gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent)
                    (: bogofilter-split "spam" "unsure")
                    ("List-Id" ".*<swisseph.yahoogroups.com" "lists.sweph")
                    ("List-Id" ".*udruga\-lista\.atmarama\.org" "lists.udruga")
                    nil)))

          (nnimap "anotherid"
                  (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                  (nnimap-server-port 993)
                  (nnimap-stream ssl)
                  (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo.gpg")
                  (nnimap-inbox ("INBOX"))
                  (nnimap-split-methods 'nnimap-split-fancy)
                  (nnimap-split-fancy
                   (|
                    (: gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent)
                    (: bogofilter-split "spam" "unsure")
                    nil)))

but, after launching Gnus, it puts new messages into 'bogus' groups and
i see the following in Messages buffer:

Error in ‘nnmail-split-methods’; using ‘bogus’ mail group:
(void-function bogofilter-split)

I was trying to replace 'nil' with "INBOX" which was used with 'spam'
package, but cannot get rid of bogus groups. Any hint what might be
wrong?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master.
Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him.