Re: nnmail-split-fancy: Can not split on Subject

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: nnmail-split-fancy: Can not split on Subject
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2017 19:04:51 +0200

Göktuğ writes:

> where ‘<redacted2>’ is a short word of only alphanumerical characters.
> What am I doing wrong?

There is this odd thing that a word-boundary match is tacked on to the
beginning and start of the regexp, which sometimes is confusing.

I usually get around it by sticking ".*" to either, or both, ends, when
it doesn't match as I expect it to.

You can also change the variable nnmail-split-fancy-match-partial-words.

(See
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Fancy-Mail-Splitting.html
starting from "Normally, value in theses split must match a complete
word"...)

Remember you can use B q (or even B t) to check your splits match as you
expect them to.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "They were trying to make me an insider to some kind         Adam Sjøgren
  of trip they were on. I don't think so."               asjo@koldfront.dk