Re: gnus starting with an error message - very strange

From: Emil Vatai
Subject: Re: gnus starting with an error message - very strange
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 11:17:58 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm not sure, but try looking at the Server buffers on both machines
> (with "^") and seeing if they look different? Try hitting "O" on the
> nntp server line on the non-functioning machine?
>
> Eric

The server buffer says

     {nnfolder:archive} (opened)
     {nndraft:} (opened)
     {nntp:news} (denied)

(denied is in red!!!). O doesn't work on it (I guess O is the Open command?)

I also tried setting gnus-select-method. Didn't help :(

In the mean time, I checked out on my laptop also: it doesn't work there either.