Re: on automatic gnus-summary-insert-new-articles after posting

From: Robert Girault
Subject: Re: on automatic gnus-summary-insert-new-articles after posting
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 13:04:41 -0300

Adam Sjøgren <asjo@koldfront.dk> writes:

[...]

> How did you get the clear idea with slrn?

I think the explanation to this psychology is that simpler is easier to
understand.  I haven't used slrn in a while so I hardly remember the
complaints I had there.  It's coming to me now that I could only edit
one article at a time there because slrn doesn't have the window
concept.  I had to draft an article, edit another.

>> Also, my way of working is to write articles, but only post them after
>> I've reviewed them.  I haven't yet acquired skills enough to do that
>> with Gnus.
>>
>> I know it's possible to save them as drafts and send them later, but I'd
>> like to distinguish between partially written messages from messages
>> queued for delivery.
>
> This might not be useful to you eiter, but you can queue messages for
> sending later - they will be stored in a different group than drafts,
> and automatically sent at the time you specifify (or after the interval
> you specify).
>
> I really like that feature - maybe it can be adapted for you purpose?

I'm using it now.  Trying it out.  I tried offline mode, but it seemed
not very easy to understand how to really use it, so I'm back at online
mode with some caching and using delayed articles.  Thanks for suggesting.