Re: multiple reply address

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: multiple reply address
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 20:11:53 -1000

I'm getting away from the original question, but gnus-alias is super
useful. I have a zillion email addresses that all forward or get
fetched to a single address. However on replying I often wish to reply
from one of the zillion other addresses, without actually changing my
base identity. gnus-alias makes that quite easy.  I can also force
replies to come from certain addresses going to certain destination
addresses. This works really well in conjunction with something like
msmtp (although it can be done natively in gnus).

For instance, anything I mail to University of Hawai`i (hawaii.edu) I
want to come from my MIT address (alum.mit.edu).  That's an easy
setup. Anything coming in to my Jane Austen Society address
(jasnahawaii.org) will go back out from the same address.

Aloha from stormy Hawai`i,

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i