[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ANN: FT 0.2.0
ANN: FT 0.2.0
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:33:15 +0200
I am pleased to announce version 0.2.0 of the graph database
management system FT for objective-c.
Version 0.2.0 of the graph database management system FT is now
FT is a graph database management system for the GNUstep and Mac OS X
environment and is written in objective-c.
The main intention behind FT is to have a system which manages
on the one hand and which allows to connect elements of such graphs,
like e. g.
nodes, to heterogenous, external resources.
In its present state FT supports the storage of generic graphs in a
native storage. This includes the creation of nodes, linking of nodes
etc. Currently there exists a service connecting a berkeley database
This is implemented as a dictionary service allowing the storage of
key/object pairs in a node.
The current state of FT is *far, far away from productive* usage.
The current API is not divided into public and non-public API (and may
be modified in future), but it's a good way to primarely take the
focus on the protocols.
Noteworthy changes in this version
- FTExport tool added. Using this tool it is now possible to export the
whole content of a graph.
- FTImport tool added.
- FTControlCmdLine added, which lists existing graphs and allows to
remove certain graphs at present.
- Logging has been integrated using ECLogging. This logging can
configured by the ftconfig.xml file and is based on ECLogging of
Refer to tests/ftconfig.xml
- It is now possible to fetch the "incoming" nodes of a node.
are those which reference that node (FTNode::incomingNodes).
- Nodes can now be removed from a graph (FTGraph::removeNode).
- All nodes of a graph can be queried now (FTGraph::nodeIterator).
incoming and outgoing edges can now be fetched from a node.
- FTGraphManager now supports a method "allGraphIds" which allows to
all graph ids stored in the database
- License changed. Now using "GNU Lesser General Public License"
FT and BDB are available at
The homepage of Berkeley DB Database is to be found at
The software is available under the GNU Lesser General Public License.
A corresponding license file is contained in this package
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- ANN: FT 0.2.0,
Oliver Langer <=