info-mtools

[mtools] Help configure mtools for an emulated HDD

From: Earl Larsen
Subject: [mtools] Help configure mtools for an emulated HDD
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:35:24 -0500

I am trying to run Win98 in bochs under FreeBSD. And the help file says:

Define an entry for your hard disk image file in your ~/.mtools file.
Make sure all other 'c:' defs are commented out.

  (.mtoolsrc) drive c: file="/112M" partition=1

I do not have a private configuration. So I put the info in
mtools.conf.sample. And I did what it said. Replacing /112M with the file I
have. And when I type mdir c: I get the fallowing:

"Can't open /dev/sd0s1: No such file or directory"

I tried to make the device sd0s1. And I get the fallowing:

sd0s1 - no such device name

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
Earl Larsen