info-mtools

[Mtools] Reading label from a large capacity memory card

From: Simon Large
Subject: [Mtools] Reading label from a large capacity memory card
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:41:14 -0000

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my lack of response. Stupid Exchange
Server throws all Bcc mail in the bin, so your mail never reached me.
Please could you Cc me in any replies.

The device is partitioned as far as I know. I can use ...

mount -t vfat /dev/mmvblk0p1 /mnt/sdcard

... and it mounts fine. I am using the same device node for mlabel to
work on.

minfo returns the information below. I don't believe the "NO NAME    "
in the bootsector. If I put the card in my XP system it comes up with a
label of "LS-DESIGN  " and format FAT32.

device information:
===================
filename="/dev/mmcblk0p1"
sectors per track: 63
heads: 255
cylinders: 487

mformat command line: mformat -t 487 -h 255 -s 63 -H 12 s:

bootsector information
======================
banner:"MSDOS5.0"
sector size: 512 bytes