info-nano

[Info-nano] INFO: GNU-nano packed as a snap for armhf

From: Viorel Bota
Subject: [Info-nano] INFO: GNU-nano packed as a snap for armhf
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2017 15:57:25 +0300

Hello,

Since I could not find a snap that packs GNU-nano build for armhf I decided to build and distribute one myself.

I took the sources from the website and rebuild them for armhf with the name "pinano".
 Then packed them in a snap and uploaded the snap to ubuntu store and to git hub.

Since the GNU-nano is distributed using GPL licence I also added the sources used for the build on the git. Of course the distributed binary and source is also under GPL licence.

To make sure that credit goes where it is deserved I added the following statement in the documentation: "All credits go to the GNU nano developers"

I plan to do this repeatedly for future nano builds and written a series of scripts for this purpose.

I did this for 2 reasons:
1. I like working with nano and want it on my RaspberryPi on Ubuntu Core
2. I think nano is a great text editor and others should also benefit from using nano on Ubuntu Core + Raspberry.

If  you ever consider packing nano build for armhf as a snap pleas let me know.

The github project is: https://github.com/VBota1/pinano