info-sather

Math library

From: Darren J Wilkinson
Subject: Math library
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:46:45 +0000

Now that the new compiler and required library are starting to take shape,
perhaps it is time to start thinking about additional libraries. For me,
Sather is pretty useless without the Math library, so I would like to see some
development start on that pretty soon. I'm particularly interested in vectors,
matrices and random number generation. Are there any plans to have a more open
development approach to the non-required libraries? Keith can't do everything,
after all! Perhaps a CVS system could be set up on the GNU site, so that teams
can work on the libraries together? Are we ready for this yet, or is it a bit
premature still? Yours impatiently,  :-)

--
Darren Wilkinson      Email:  address@hidden
                        WWW:  http://www.btinternet.com/~darrenjwilkinson/