info-sather

Re: Can Sather be awakened?

From: jefu
Subject: Re: Can Sather be awakened?
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 07:59:58 -0800

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002 13:12:35 +0200 (EET)
Tapio Kelloniemi <address@hidden> wrote:

> According to gnu.org Norbert Nemec <address@hidden> is
> current maintianer. I have written him  amessage, but he didn't comment
> this website issue in his reply.

>> Try setting SATHER_ENV to the full pathname of the appropriate
>> LIBCHARS file - ferinstance on my machine I'd do :

>>SATHER_ENV=/home/jefu/try/languages/sather/resources/en_NZ/bin/LIBCHARS
>>export SATHER_ENV

> By the way I already have set that variable, sacomp refuses to work without
> it, but it doesn't help.

If its not set sacomp won't work, but if its not set to the right
thing the compiled sather file doesn't work.  Go fig.

Its not clear in the documentation what to set it to - at least it
wasnt clear to me.  when I set it to something like :
/home/jefu/try/languages/sather/resources/
(which was what I had it set to after reading the docs, and which
worked for compiling the compiler, and for running the compiler)
my test program (consisting of  essentially 3.str) compiles but
does not run.  Set as above it runs.

--
jeff putnam - address@hidden