iris-user

[Iris-user] improvise

From: Ranald Morin
Subject: [Iris-user] improvise
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 17:50:06 +0300

If you choose scandal, well take youon at that.
Where will you find the equal of the English golfclub?
Do you expect me to say, when I am asked fora pledge, You must ask the King?
We have had quite enough of them here today. There is no need to rub it in like that, Nick.
And this drudgery, remember, is a sweated trade,the only one now left in this country. And Balbus will say that you are a libertine.
It wears out the strongest man, and even the strongestwoman, in five or six years. Suppose a man with a bigger voice comes along!
Not to mention that you may have more than one horse atyour disposal. I say Exercise your vote intelligently byvoting for me.
You must excuse my unruly daughter, MrBoanerges.
I am not sure that the British parlormaid is not the onlyreal asset in your balance sheet. Do you wish me to lose my temper and make scenes?
Allthat has happened is that the King has let go the rope. But I believe the _expression_ is in use, asyou might say. Not to mention that you may have more than one horse atyour disposal. You aresprawling on your backs; and he is laughing at you.
I only ask,suppose he refuses to sign your ultimatum?
Is there to be any restriction on the other side? In this Cabinet there is nosuch thing as a policy.
You must excuse my unruly daughter, MrBoanerges. Oh for Heavens sake dont contradict her, Joe. Crassus will say just simply that youare a freethinker. That is why I do not feelbound to accept this ultimatum. It is our business to warn it, not yours.
You neednt sneer at the sweets: we turn out plenty ofsolid stuff. Dont let us swophorses when crossing a stream.