iris-user

[Iris-user] trod roller coaster

From: Katharine Carpenter
Subject: [Iris-user] trod roller coaster
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 22:26:00 -0000

For a small sum, too, a thousand dollars!
Sohe said very quietly, almost humbly, Youd be better off renting. John Elliot rose though he had only half finished his breakfast. John Elliot did not recognise the town; he had notseen it for fifty years.
John Elliot deposited his suitcase on the stoop and waited. Ill tell you why we madea success of things in our generation.
I got my two hundred and a hundred of spendingmoney besides. And Isabel whipped the horse with her lines.
Let Frank or Ken go to town and try to get abag of flour on credit!
John Elliot, still in his sheep-skin, and walking with his cane,followed on his heels.
Kenneth torethe floor of the shanty up and made bunks from the lumber. There was a time when we never knew where the nextmeal was going to come from.
Well, father, he said at last, cheerfully, Ill leave you, then.
It is nearlythirty years since we took it up. Sometimes I had to send the childrento bed hungry at night.
Greatly relieved, Gladys and Isabel helped him to the seat; andGladys crouched down in front.
For a moment he had lookedup; but, receiving no greeting, he continued stumping up and down. I paid nine thousand dollars for what sells ata thousand right now. Well, father, he said at last, I must show you over the placethis morning. From the west came the last ghostly light reflectedfrom a cloud.