iris-user

[Iris-user] steamy

From: Christine Mcgowan
Subject: [Iris-user] steamy
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 13:49:04 +0100

You can always find an excuse for a procession. Her father had warned her against Nature-worship.
This piece ofpopishness had annoyed the Rector extremely. It shows a very poor imagination, to say the least of it. And yet you can sit there talking to me ascalmly as though Id nothing the matter with me.
Iwish I could get those wretched jackboots off my mind.
No, Im afraid I didnt, said Dorothy, holding another button inposition with her thumb. And her vision extended to the mostconcrete, the most earthly details. Ive been making special prayers all the morningthat shell give it to us. Pithers away at work, Miss, she announced as they got inside.
Iwish I could get those wretched jackboots off my mind.
Lets stop thinking about the play fora moment.
We cant getenough people to fill the church a quarter full, even on EasterSunday.
For the moment shehad even forgotten the bill for twenty-one pounds seven andninepence at Cargills.
Whats the good of gurgling it down in your inside likethat?
But Victorwas not yet aware of his probable destiny.
Some of theirsmells were peculiar in the extreme. He wont allow us incense, or decent music, or propervestments, or anything.
With the youngerwomen it was especially hopeless. Quite half the women on herlist, Dorothy knew, were at heart atheistical in a vagueunreasoning way. Itsbecause our services are so dreary and godless, thats what it is. The fact is that three quarters of the people inthis place never go near a church in their lives.
But Victorwas not yet aware of his probable destiny. Father McGuire was riding towards her with anuntroubled, faintly amused air.
Up to Dr Gaythornes he is, a-digging over the doctors flower-beds for him.
A black, very dusty shovel hat was approaching round the corner ofthe hedge. Ive got athousand things to do, and Im late already.
Her father had warned her against Nature-worship. At this a sudden and remarkable change came over Mrs Pither. But if he thinks were the Catholic Church, whydoesnt he hold the service in a proper Catholic way?
Dorothy was stillbending over her machine, stitching up the seams of the greenvelvet doublet. You can always find an excuse for a procession.
An old Dissenting aunt of mine gave them to me.
There were nearly two hundred peopleat Easter Communion. An old Dissenting aunt of mine gave them to me.
He wont allow us incense, or decent music, or propervestments, or anything. It was very hot down there,close to the ground.