jacal-discuss

[Jacal-discuss] concerning google summer of code 2010

From: Vytautas Jancauskas
Subject: [Jacal-discuss] concerning google summer of code 2010
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 00:00:53 +0200

Hi I am a masters student of computer science who is hoping to participate in Google's summer of code this year. I use symbolic algebra packages for my studies and in spare time alot (Maple and Maxima) and I have quite decent experience programming in Common Lisp and Scheme so I thought this project is right up my alley when I saw it on the list.

I have compiled and ran jacal. I am writing to ask wether you have some pointers for further activity towards participation in the development. I know some "mentoring organizations" really like when you do some work on the project before submitting an application so I am wondering wether you might have some "chores" to do? Also I am hoping to discuss a possible theme for my work. Can you describe them in more detail? Thanks in advance!

P.S. If in some case this isn't the place to ask this can you point me to where it would be appropriate?

Vytautas Jancauskas