jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_lsh.ini -- Primary / Secondary groups

From: Scott Ruckh
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_lsh.ini -- Primary / Secondary groups
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:15:55 -0700 (MST)

This is what you said Olivier Sessink
> Scott Ruckh wrote:
>> I have a [DEFAULT] section and also a [group groupA] section in my
>> jk_lsh.ini file.
>>
>> The group, groupA, is a secondary group for userA.
>>
>> Unfortunately I still see the following in my messages log:
>>
>> both the user userA and the group userA have no section in the
>> configfile
>> /etc/jailkit/jk_lsh.ini
>>
>> ^^^ This statement is true  ^^^ BUT
>>
>> If I have a [DEFAULT] section I would assume I would never see this
>> error.
>>  Also, as I mentioned I have a [group groupA] section, which is a
>> secondary group for user userA.
>>
>> Tha man page for jk_lsh makes it sound like the order of precedence is
>> user-->group-->DEFAULT-->ABORT.
>
> the first thing is that you found a bug in the manpage: jailkit only
> looks for the primary group, not secondary groups. I just fixed that in
> cvs.
>
> I also changed the log message, because that log message is shown if no
> user, no primary group and no DEFAULT section is found by jk_lsh. This
> fix is also in cvs.
>
> but since you have a section DEFAULT, I wonder what your configfile
> looks like, could you post it to the list? perhaps there is a bug in the
> configfile parser?

Here is the the jk_lsh.ini file:

[DEFAULT]
executables = /usr/bin/scp, /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server
paths = /usr/bin/, /usr/lib, /usr/libexec/openssh
allow_word_expansion = 1

[group jkbash]
executables = /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/scp, /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server
paths = /usr/bin/, /usr/lib, /usr/libexec/openssh
allow_word_expansion = 1

[group jksftp]
executables = /usr/bin/scp, /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server
paths = /usr/bin, /usr/libexec/openssh
allow_word_expansion = 1

thanks.
Scott