jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] Jailkit & FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE

From: Peter Veerman
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit & FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:59:23 +0200

Hi Jailkit People,

As I am pleased to have found Jailkit for my (currently build)
hostingserver i'm running in to some problems that are related to
porting jailkit to FreeBSD

First of all jailkit is not in the ports system thus i have to install
by hand.

Apart from files being installed in wrong directories (which i have
fixed with editing the Makefile.in and the configure.ac) and a problem
with the "make uninstall" option that makes use of a wrong rmdir-flag
everything installs and deinstalls okay right now. Though there are some
problems:

1. The new location of the jk_init.ini files that is changed in the
Makefile.in, is not updated in the executables as jk_init is still
looking at /etc/jailkit instead of my /usr/local/etc/jailkit/ location.

2. The output of the FreeBSD Ldd command is probably different from the
Linux variety that causes the following error:

Jailkit outputs (for example) the following rules:

copying /usr/bin/find to ./jail/usr/bin/find
ldd returns non existing library /usr/bin/find:
source file /usr/libexec/ld.so does not exist

And when i run ldd /usr/bin/find i get the following output

address@hidden ~/jailkit]# ldd /usr/bin/find
/usr/bin/find:
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4033e000)

address@hidden ~/jailkit]# ls /lib/libc.so.6
/lib/libc.so.6

3. the included jk_init.ini is not okay for FreeBSD as some files are
located at different locations (the /usr/local) stuff. But this is not
considered a problem of Jailkit, but a task of the (tobe) porter of
Jailkit to FreeBSD.

4. I would like to know how the /dev/null /dev/random etc etc devices
are created by Jailkit as FreeBSD is here going into different business
than linux as well.

Greetz

Peter Veerman