jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] problem with jk_cp

From: dev
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] problem with jk_cp
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 08:21:41 +0100

Hello Oli, I don't know python very well - hardly at all in fact - but wouldn't the class of os functions (the ones in use already in the program) provide some os-independent method of changing file attributes. Maybe there is some general POSIX command somewhere - this would be the better way, as sooner or later all posix-systems will offer the minimal implementation of the posix specs. BTW: First time I've heard about the immutable flag. Sounds like a good idea, but it could give many people grief when it's misused - something like "chattr -R +i /"). Jolly, no files may be deleted at all ;-)
Cheers,
Stephen Olivier Sessink writes:
Peter Veerman wrote:
Shoot....... Yeah I specified the -f flag.. i've forgotten that. about your question: address@hidden /usr/local/www/awstats/cgi-bin]# chmod 0600 /data1/chroot/httpd/lib/libc.so.6 chmod: /data1/chroot/httpd/lib/libc.so.6: Operation not permitted The error above is due to FreeBSD protection system: http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/freebsd-how-to-write-protect-important-file -even-root-can-not-modifydelete-it.html

thus only os.chmod(file, 0600)
os.unlink (file) would not have been enough

hmm, and that is different between different unixes, on Linux it would be `chattr -i file` to remove the immutable flag, and I have no idea what OSX, solaris or openbsd would use... so only the error is the best I can think of right now...
regards,
Olivier