jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] Jail for Sftp user

From: Patrick Humpal
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Jail for Sftp user
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:22:08 -0800 (PST)

I've jailed an sftp user on my web server to their web site directory. However,
my only complaint is that the user has to enter the "/" in order to return to
the root of their directory.  This would not be a problem, however, this
particular user also uses DreamWeaver to edit web pages and Contribute for
authors to publish their work (not my choice of course).

Is there a way to set the user's home to be:

/var/www/html/userswebsite/

instead of defaulting to:

/var/www/html/userswebsite/home/username/

I've tried editing both the /etc/passwd file and the /jail/etc/passwd file
appropriately to the folllowing:

/etc/passwd:

username:x:1003:100::/home/jail/./:/usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh

/jail/etc/passwd:

mike:x:1003:100::./:/usr/sbin/jk_lsh

I'm probably missing something, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Be a PS3 game guru.