jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] WinSCP and Jailkit

From: Steven Mapes
Subject: [Jailkit-users] WinSCP and Jailkit
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:35:12 +0000

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get jailkit to allow connection from WinSCP, especially for SCP only accounts.

I recently installed jailkit onto my Fedora Core 5 box with a restricted SCP user.  Using SCP directly works fine form other *nix machines and from inside of cygwin on windows, but I have a user who wishes to use WinSCP which tries to create an interactive shell session.

This is what appears in the log "tried to get an interactive shell session (/usr/sbin/jk_lsh), which is never allowed by jk_lsh".

Looking around I see that WinSCP has problems with restricted shell environment (http://winscp.net/eng/docs/requirements#using_winscp_with_restricted_shell_environments) but was hoping someone here has found a way to get it to work

I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks

Steve