jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Real Chroot

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Real Chroot
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 23:32:20 +0200

Joel Webb wrote:
> Is there anyway to allow the chroot system and dis-allow users from
> escaping from outside of their own home directory?

not with jailkit, but there might be other utilities that can do this
that can be used inside a jail. bash has a restricted mode too (man
bash), perhaps you can use this.

> I have already setup the chroot system, with /bin/bash (copied over).
> Users still can cd .. and get outside of the /home directory
>
> If I put the user to use the shell: /usr/sbin/jk_lsh they immediately
> get kicked out if they are using sftp

that probably depends on their sftp client or the client settings.
winscp for example works in 'sftp' mode, and not in 'sftp with scp
fallback' mode (it's called slightly different, I don't know the exact
name).

Olivier